1. Your use of www.thecommunelife.com (‘website’) is subject to the terms and conditions stated on Commune webstore.
2. Copyright in the whole and every part of this Website belongs to Commune Lifestyle Pte Ltd (‘Company’), unless otherwise indicated, and may not be used, sold, licensed, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or form in or on any media to anyone without written approval from the Company.
3. Commune logo is registered trademark of the Company.
1. Photographs are for illustrative purposes only and may vary from goods depicted or described.
2. Commune may, at any time, add or remove content from this Website without notice.
3. Any articles, information or content published on this Website must be read subject to these Terms and Conditions.
4. Company uses its best endeavours to confirm the accuracy of any information published on this Website, no responsibility will be held against the company for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to the Company or by manufacturers or suppliers changing product specifications without notice to this Website or Company. You agree to make your own enquiries to verify information provided and to assess the suitability of products before your purchase.
5. All information, materials and services in this Website is provided for general information purpose only. It is accurate at the time of first publication. It is not legal or other professional advice or intended to be comprehensive. You are responsible for determining the validity, quality and relevance of any information, material or service assessed to take the appropriate independent advice before acting or relying on any of it to ensure that it meets your particular requirements. You should report any errors or omission in any information, material or service, via customer feedback.
6. Website may feature third party advertising or content. By featuring such advertising or content, Company does not in any way recommend or endorses the relevant advertiser, its products or services.
7. Neither Company nor any third party will be liable for any errors in content, or for any actions you take in reliance on them. Neither you nor any other person may hold Company liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omission in respect of such content, the transmission or delivery of such content or any loss or damage arising from any of them.
8. Website may promote, advertise or sponsor functions, events, offers, competition or other activities which may be conducted online or offline and which may be conducted by third parties. These activities may be subjected to separate terms and conditions; your participation in such activities is solely at your digression and risk. Company does not accept any responsibility in connection with your participation in activities conducted by any other party.
Use of Website
1. You agree to use this Website only for purpose that are permitted by these Terms and Conditions, any applicable law or regulation and/ or generally accepted practices or guidelines.
2. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts this Website or the servers and networks that host this Website. You agree not to, or attempt to, circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of this Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of this website or the content.
3. You understand and agree that any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
4. Company may stop (temporarily or permanently) providing access to this Website to you, or to visitors or members generally, at its discretion and without prior notice to you.
5. Company may in its sole discretion restrict your access to this Website. If Company does this, you may be prevented from accessing all or parts of this Website, your account details or other content contained in your account. Company will not be liable to you or any third party for doing so.
6. As electronic websites are subjected to interruption or breakdown, access to this Website is offered on an “as in” and “as available” basis only.
7. Company may impose limits or restrictions on the use you may make of this Website. For security, technical, maintenance, legal or regulatory reasons, or due to any breach of Terms and Conditions, Company may withdraw this Website, or change or remove features at any time without notice to you.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. You acknowledge that any intellectual property rights, including graphics, logos, trademarks, brand features, design, text, icons, the arrangement of them and all software relating to this Website, are owned by Company or any other third party, and that these remain the property of their respective owners and must not be used in any manner without the prior written approval.
2. Nothing contained on this Website is to be interpreted as a recommendation to use any information on this Website in a manner which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person.
3. You may view this Website and its contents for personal and non commercial use only, you may not in any form or by any means reproduce, modify, distribute, store, transmit, publish or display within another website or create derivation works from any part of this Website or commercialise any information obtained from any part of this Website without prior written approval of the Company or, in the case of third party material, from the owner of the copyright in that material.
4. You may not modify or copy the layout or appearance of this Website nor any computer software or code contained in this Website, nor may you decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover or access any source code related to this Website.
5. If you correspond or otherwise communicate with the Company, you automatically grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exculsive, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, copy, display and distribute the content of your communication and to prepare derivative works of the content or incorporate the content into other works in order to publish and promote such content. This may include, but is not limited to, publishing testimonials on this Website and developing your ideas and suggestions for improved products.
Links to other Websites
1. This Website may contain links to other websites, content or resources, which are owned or operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the Company’s control and Company shall not be held responsible for the operation, availability or contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website.
3. Company reserves the right to prevent third parties from linking to this Website.
Secure Data and Transmissions
1. Given the nature of the internet, Company cannot guarantee that any data transmission is totally secured, free from viruses, fault or other conditions which could damage or interfere with your computer systems and Company does not warrant that your access to this Website will be uninterrupted, error free or that any defects will be corrected. Whilst Company and its third parties take precautions to protect information, Company does not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any content or information you transmit via this Website. You therefore transmit to this Website at your own risk. However, once Company or its third party receives your transmission, Company and its third parties will take reasonable steps to preserve its security. If you become aware of any problems with the security of this website, please contact us immediately.
2. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you use to access this Website or any website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the avoidance of doubt, neither the Company nor its third parties will accept any responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this Website, any website or any linked website.
1. Cookies may be used on this Website to gather data in relation to this Website and you consent to this (although you may be able to disable cookies on your web browser).
Use of Information and Material
1. Company appreciates any suggestions (‘unsolicited ideas’) you may have regarding ways in which this Website may be improved or material which may be added to this Website. Any unsolicited ideas that you submit will not be regarded as confidential and will become the property of the Company. Company may use, reproduce, disclose, publish, modify, adapt and transmit them to others, without restriction or any obligation to compensate you.
1. Any related body corporate of the Company do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever caused (including through negligence or matters outside their control), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this Website or any linked website, nor do they accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of, or reliance on, information contained on, or accessed through, this Website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each of the company and related body corporate of the Company disclaim any such representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of this Website or the information that it contains.
2. The use of the information on this Website is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, each of the Company and any related body corporate of the company exclude all liability of any of them in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of, or related to, the use, or inability to use, the information on this Website or provided through this Website through email. This limitation of liability includes, but is not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, interruption of business, loss of data, income or profit, loss of, or damage to property, and third party claims. If any liability is not able to be excluded by law, each of the Company and any related body corporate of the Company limit their liability to the re-supply of the relevant information or services.
3. You agree to indemnify the company, each related body corporate of Company and other persons involved in the creation of this Website from all damages, losses, penalties, fines, expenses and cost (including legal costs) which arise out of or relate to your use of this Website, any information that you provide via this Website or any damage that you may cause to this Website. This indemnification includes, without limitation, liability relating to copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy and trade mark infringement.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
1. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will continue in full force and effect. If you access this Website in a jurisdiction other than Singapore, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction, to the extent that they apply.
2. Company makes no representations that the content of this Website complies with the laws of any country outside Singapore.
1. These Terms and Conditions may be amended at any time without notice and your access to this Website may be terminated at any time without notice. Your continued use of this Website following such amendment of these Terms and Conditions will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
Order & Purchase
1. All sales orders submitted to the Website are subject to Commune’s acceptance. Sales order acceptance and completion of the contract will take place on the dispatch to you of the purchased goods, and until that time we reserve the right to reject your Sales Order. Commune shall be entitled to cancel or terminate the obligations to fulfill any sales order, for any reason whatsoever, even after a sales order is confirmed by, and paid for by the customer, with or without notice and Website shall not be liable to any party for such termination or cancellation.
2. In such event, full credit refund will be made to the customer.
3. Credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard are accepted in the Website. Cash/ Cheque on Delivery are also accepted. Website is not responsible for the errors, acts and omissions of the credit card companies.
1. All prices quoted are inclusive of goods and services tax, unless otherwise stated.
2. Payment made through the Website shall be conducted using credit card payment, unless otherwise stated.
3. You may also use our electronic digital coupons during payment. Digital coupons will be issued with their own set of conditions and they are specific to each version of the coupon. Please refer to the specific terms that come with the usage of digital coupons.
4. Promotional discount codes may be offered from time to time which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified purchase in this Website. Only one promotional discount code can be applied to an order. Promotional discount codes reflected on digital coupons are debited at the time an order is placed. Digital coupons will automatically be redeemed against purchase totals, up to the total purchase amount. Digital coupons must be used prior to their noted expiration date and within a single transaction. Coupon cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, deleted, or if you cancel or return your purchase. In the event where the total purchase value is below the coupon value, the excess value will not be refunded. Coupon will not be applicable with any other promotions that may be promoted in Website, unless otherwise stated. The Terms and Conditions stated in each digital coupon shall be final and conclusive.
Errors on Our Site
1. Prices and availability of Goods are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Website reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after a sales order has been submitted and whether or not the sales order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your sales order is cancelled, Website will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account in the amount. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with the terms set out in ‘Cancellations, Exchanges and Returns' below
1. Delivery time frame indicated on Website is only tentative.
2. Upon submission of your purchase, Customer Service representative will call you within the next business day (Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm) to arrange a preferred date of delivery.
3. All goods purchased from Website will only be delivered to addresses within Singapore. International delivery will incur additional charges.
4. Self Collection is accepted and Customer Service representative will offer necessary advice on it.
5. Delivery time may be affected due to traffic condition, vehicle and unfavourable weather, etc. Website will not be liable for such delay.
6. Purchase of different goods from Website, you may receive your goods in multiple delivery due to third party or lead time difference.
7. Commune reserves the right to change the delivery date should any unforeseen circumstances arise in the midst of the delivery and warrant to act within our means to notify you the soonest possible of any delays or difficulties. Website will not be liable for any inconvenience, loss, damages, injury, charges, expenses and/or deaths that may arise from any delayed, postponed, incomplete or unfulfilled deliveries, to the extent permitted by Law.
Cancellations, Exchanges & Returns
1. Goods intended for exchange should be returned unused, in brand new condition and with original packaging included. Purchase receipt from Commune should be presented as well.
2. Free gifts, vouchers and accessories associated with the purchase must be returned along with purchased goods.
3. In the event of a cancellation with no exchange in product, a refund will be given via the same mode of payment that was used in the original purchase.
4. Refund will exclude delivery charges should delivery has taken place.
5. Commune reserves the right the refund you the Price of any Goods which has been paid and received, even after the relevant sales order is confirmed and payment has been received by us, in lieu of delivery or supply of such goods.
6. Should repair or replacement of goods is not able to be done within a reasonable period of time and without significant inconvenience to you, you may keep the defective good and ask for a partial refund, or return the defective good and ask for a full refund. Please note that the amount of the full refund will take into account the good’s current state resulting from your usage.
7. No administration charge will be applicable in the event of cancellation/ refund.
8. For request of return/ exchange of goods delivered to your home, please contact Customer Service for arrangement of date for collection. All original packing materials, manuals and accessories with the returned goods and free gifts that come with the purchase is required to be returned together with the defective goods. Otherwise, the refunded value for each returned item will be reduced to reflect the value of any free gifts or discount.
9. Please note that the refund processing period is 4-6 weeks upon date of request.
Limitation of Liability
1. These terms and conditions set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the goods and performance of any services in relation thereto and there are no other warranties, conditions or terms that are binding on us except as expressly stated herein. Any warranty, condition or term concerning the goods which might otherwise be implied or incorporated in these terms and conditions by statute, common law or otherwise is hereby expressly excluded. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions (a) excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or liability implied into these terms and conditions (including any condition warranty, right or liability imposed by the Unfair Contracts Terms Act (Cap.396)) where to do so is illegal or would render any provision hereof void; or (b) shall limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
2. Subject to the foregoing, we shall not be liable for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of contracts, loss of data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage by any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise. Our maximum aggregate liability hereunder whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the goods paid by you to us.
Product Display / Colours
1. Product images shown on the Website is as accurate as possible. However, we cannot guarantee actual product colour matches the product images, as the display of colour depends, in part, upon the monitor you are using.
2. Accessories or furnishings included in the product image are purely for illustration purpose only, unless stated otherwise.
Clearance Item / 1 Set Promotion
1. Product sold under clearance will be strictly no return, refund, exchange or warranty. Delivery charge remains applicable should you reject or cancel the order upon delivery.
Intellectual Property, Software and Content
The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through this Website remains the property of Commune or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Commune and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Commune or its licensors. http://thecommunelife.com and Commune are trademarks belonging to Commune No licence or consent is granted to you to use these marks in any way, and you agree not to use these marks or any marks which are colourably similar without the written permission of Commune.
1. By placing your request, you are agreeable that Website may store, process, disclose and use data collected from you for the purpose of processing your request and goods delivery.
3. Should there be any intent of purchase, the user must be 18 and above.
4. Website actively collects information from customers when they make purchases from us, sign up as registered members, or make offers to purchase items from us. The information collected may be unique and personally identifiable information, such as the customer’s full name, addresses, IC number and so on. This information is necessary in order for our members to benefit from the specified benefits available only to registered members as well as to process offers to purchase. You will be informed at each collection point as to what information is required and what information is optional.
5. Information collected by Website will not be sold or rent out to third parties. All information collected is solely for order processing, including without limitation our marketing and research purposes. Your personal information may be shared with current or future entities or subsidiaries, including without limitation our business partners, from time to time. We may also use the information provided by you to send marketing communications. Service provider on behalf of Website may obtain your information to fulfill your order request. Website will take reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of the personally identifiable information transmitted and to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Website may contain links to websites that are operated by other parties. You are advised to enquire as to the privacy policies of these parties. Website are withheld of any responsibility for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Changes to our Policy